Thursday 14 November 2013

The Cult - Dariya Wilcox


January 1999: Cecelia Chase starts a job at the Institute, an organisation based near Mount Fuji. Her employer conducts research into deadly diseases. 

As the sultry Japanese summer approaches, Cecelia falls in love with Richard, a scientist co-worker. Their passionate affair threatens to distract her from the truth: her employer is a doomsday cult, co-workers have disappeared, and she has a peculiar feeling that she is being watched. One thing becomes clear: unless she does something, many people are going to die.

I read this book in 1 day and for those that know me know this is an extremely rare occurrence but the story was fast paced so I wanted to keep going and I really enjoyed reading this book, I found the insight into Japanese culture really interesting and the darker side fascinating as well and it complemented the story nicely.  The plot was great and had me eating up the pages to find out what was going to happen although I did feel the end and climax of the story came very quickly.  Some of the characters are really evil and written fantastically and I was constantly willing Cecelia and Richard to succeed making this a great thriller with a bit of romance on the side.  

8/10

Thanks to Dariya for sending me the book in return for an honest review, I will look forward to reading more.

You can buy The Cult here.

No comments:

Post a Comment